Experience Your 3 Treasures
Healthy Body, Clear Mind and Peaceful Heart...
Achieve optimal well-being with an integrated approach.
Temple Guardian is a healing arts center conveniently located in Asheville, NC that combines classical acupuncture, traditional naturopathy and leading edge assessment tools for achieving balanced physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Because everyone is unique, Ciel uses a comprehensive, individualized approach for each person to support their health goals.
She integrates assessment tools with classical acupuncture, spagyric and Chinese herbs, nutritional support, homeopathy, detoxification strategies, manual therapy and mind/body approaches to provide physical, mental and emotional balance for people of all ages.
"My commitment as a practitioner is to inform, guide and inspire each person to choose a lifestyle that deeply supports radiant health and life."
I look forward to working with you,
Ciel Walko, L. Ac. Dipl. Ac., CTN
Licensed acupuncturist / naturopath
- I am a natural wellness practitioner and have experienced many natural heal...
- After a tick bite over five years ago, I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease an...
- I hope other women have such great results, too. Neurolink significantl...
- In 2009 I was diagnosed with neuropathy, a peripheral nerve disease that im...
Join our Mailing List
Five Allergy Solutions for a Healthy Spring
Don't Suffer with Seasonal Allergies...Receive a combination BioEnergetic Assessment and Neurolink/NIS Session. Call 828-232-4488 to schedule.
Many people at this time of year seek my assistance to deal with their seasonal allergies. My approach is holistic and I use different modalities according to the person’s needs and constitution.
What Causes Allergies?
From a Classical Chinese Medicine view, during the Springtime, the Wood Phase is the predominant energetic factor. The atmospheric component of Wood is Wind. Several Chinese patterns of disharmony may be involved in cases of allergies. In all cases, however, wind is part of the diagnosis, usually combining with other pathogenic influences such as cold, heat or dampness. Patterns involving wind allergy symptoms often occur quickly may come and go just as quickly. With hay fever, the most common diagnosis is wind and dampness. This combination produces a sudden onset of what I refer to as the four evil dwarves-“Runny”, “Puffy”, “Itchy” and “Swollen”! ---sneezing, itchy eyes and throat, and a heavy sensation in the head with copious mucus.
From a functional immune system point of view, here is another explanation: Allergies essentially are a symptom of intolerance of the body either internally or externally. Food and chemical allergies relate to what has been ingested, and external allergies relates to airborne antigens that are either inhaled or come in contact with the skin or eyes. The causes of allergies relate to the inability of the immune system to counter antigen disruption by responding with a normal antibody response. Common examples would be hay fever, gluten intolerance, asthma, and in a general sense eczema and dermatitis to name a few.
Here Are Five Solutions I Find Most Effective:
- Acupuncture-Treatment plans for allergies vary greatly, and the possible results range from temporary relief to complete remission. Acupuncture frequently relieves seasonal allergy symptoms immediately. Manipulation of points around the nose, such as Yintang, Bitong, and Large Intestine 20, usually relieves the nasal congestion and sneezing as soon as the needles are inserted.
- Neurolink/NIS- The focus and responsibility of NIS is to establish WHY the immune pathways have failed to recognize the allergen, so let's consider some of those reasons. When foods breakdown completely into usable nutrients then we have no problems. This would indicate that the food has passed through the various checkpoints along the digestive tract, and finally has been absorbed as a usable nutrient. This so-called flawless food cycle seldom lives up to our expectation, and this very issue forms the basis for what is commonly referred to as allergies. Let's look at the food cycle step-by-step explaining the role of NIS in both assessment and treatment.
CHECKPOINT 1: The mouth
- All food when chewed comes in contact with Alpha amylase, a carbohydrate splitting enzyme in the saliva. These enzymes operate in a pH range of 5.6 to 6.9. Receptors on the anterior aspect of the tongue allow recognition of carbohydrates to prepare for the ongoing function at the next checkpoint.
- NIS would assess:
- The function of cranial nerve 7 and 12.
- Any pathology present in the mouth e.g. viral, bacterial, fungal.
- Explain the relevance of spending more time to chew our food.
Please allow me to share with you a new and incredibly effective therapy I have incorporated into my acupuncture and naturopathic work. It is called Neurolink/NIS (Neurological Integration System).
What is Neurolink/NIS?
Developed by Dr. Allan Phillips, DO, from New Zealand, this approach to chronic disease and pain relief derives from his work in Neuro-Anatomy and Physiology by incorporating the most current brain research using medical and energetic models.
Neurolink is a comprehensive system of healthcare, which uses the premier diagnostic tool available…your brain! Neurolink activates the brain’s ability to orchestrate every system in the human body and re-calibrate those systems. The NIS session is painless, gentle, and non-manipulative and takes about 45-60 minutes to complete. Each Neurolink session checks for and integrates 30+ different systems and is safe for babies, children, adults and seniors.
How does Neurolink/NIS Work?
When we experience stress to our system - physical, pathological, chemical or emotional - we experience pain or other symptoms of dis-ease. This occurs when the body’s tolerances have been exceeded due to an interference field; i.e., toxins, pathogens, environmental pollutants, or any type of physical, mental or emotional stressor. The communication network in your brain and nervous system becomes overwhelmed and overloaded. The problem or illness arises because the link between the brain and body via the nervous system has been impaired. The brain no longer “has awareness of” or ability to efficiently regulate the function of the bodily system. (Think about how poorly a computer runs when it’s full of viruses and other malicious software)
Neurolink practitioners investigate the status of all your body’s function (cells, glands, organs and tissues) as they work together in communication with your brain and nervous system.
The practitioner uses a series of sequential and prioritized steps with Kinesiology testing to determine if CONGRUENCY exists between the brain and all cells, glands, organs, and tissues. No CONGRUENCY=CONFUSION - which results in dysfunction and symptoms.
Like repairing an electrical circuit, the Neurolink process allows broken connections to be reconnected utilizing a simple and effective re-integration technique.
What Does Neurolink/NIS Treat?
Effective in treating acute pain and chronic illness, Neurolink/NIS addresses health at the cellular level. It helps the system both eliminate and adapt to stressors in our internal and external terrain.
I have found this work to be highly beneficial for the following symptoms and syndromes:
Allergies - Asthma - Back & Neck Pain - Children’s Health - Circulation - Chronic Fatigue – Depression - Digestion - Fibromyalgia - Learning & Behavioral Difficulties/ADD/ADHD/Asperger’s - Men’s Health - Migraine & Headaches - Neurological Injury - Skin Problems - Sleep Disorders - Sports Injuries – Viruses - Immunity – Women’s Health
I am excited and passionate about bringing this work into the public awareness, and would like you to come and experience Neurolink/NIS for yourself. For more info, go to www.neurolinkglobal.com
Please call me at 828.232.4488 to set up a time to get together, or with any questions you might have.
Ciel Walko, L. Ac (NC #61), Dipl. Ac (NCCAOM), CTN (Certified Traditional Naturopath) LMT (NM #543)