Experience Your 3 Treasures
Healthy Body, Clear Mind and Peaceful Heart...
Achieve optimal well-being with an integrated approach.
Temple Guardian is a healing arts center conveniently located in Asheville, NC that combines classical acupuncture, traditional naturopathy and leading edge assessment tools for achieving balanced physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Because everyone is unique, Ciel uses a comprehensive, individualized approach for each person to support their health goals.
She integrates assessment tools with classical acupuncture, spagyric and Chinese herbs, nutritional support, homeopathy, detoxification strategies, manual therapy and mind/body approaches to provide physical, mental and emotional balance for people of all ages.
"My commitment as a practitioner is to inform, guide and inspire each person to choose a lifestyle that deeply supports radiant health and life."
I look forward to working with you,
Ciel Walko, L. Ac. Dipl. Ac., CTN
Licensed acupuncturist / naturopath
- I am a natural wellness practitioner and have experienced many natural heal...
- After a tick bite over five years ago, I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease an...
- I hope other women have such great results, too. Neurolink significantl...
- In 2009 I was diagnosed with neuropathy, a peripheral nerve disease that im...
Join our Mailing List
Allergy Solutions for Spring
Don't Let Seasonal Allergies Ruin Your Spring..Support Your Immune System.
Do you look forward to the end of winter, only to dread springtime pollen allergies?
What Causes Allergies?
From a Chinese Medicine viewpoint ---During the springtime, the Wood Phase is the predominant energetic factor. The atmospheric component of Wood is WIND, usually combining with other pathogenic influences such COLD, HEAT or DAMPNESS.
Wind allergy symptoms often occur quickly and come and go just as quickly. With hay fever, the most common pattern is wind and dampness. This combination produces a sudden onset of what I refer to as the four evil dwarves-“Runny”, “Puffy”, “Itchy” and “Swollen”! ---sneezing, itchy eyes and throat, and a heavy sensation in the head with copious mucus.
Allergies essentially are a symptom of intolerance of the body either internally or externally. Food and chemical allergies relate to what has been ingested, and external allergies relates to airborne antigens that are either inhaled or come in contact with the skin or eyes. The causes of allergies relate to the inability of the immune system to counter antigen disruption by responding with a normal antibody response. Common examples would be hay fever, gluten intolerance, asthma, eczema and dermatitis to name a few.
Five Holistic Solutions to Combine or Use on Their Own
- Acupuncture-Treatment plans for allergies vary greatly, and the possible results range from temporary relief to complete remission. Acupuncture frequently relieves seasonal allergy symptoms immediately. Manipulation of points around the nose usually relieves the nasal congestion and sneezing as soon as the needles are inserted.
- Neurolink/NIS- The focus of NIS is to establish WHY the immune pathways have failed to recognize the allergen. When foods breakdown completely into usable nutrients we have no problems. This would indicate that the food has passed through the various checkpoints along the digestive tract, and finally has been absorbed as a usable nutrient. The perfect digestive cycle seldom occurs, due to many factors, and this very issue forms the basis for what is commonly referred to as allergies.
Let's look at the food cycle step-by-step explaining the role of NIS in both assessment and treatment.
- CHECKPOINT 1: The mouth
- NIS would assess:
- The function of cranial nerve 7 and 12.
- Any pathology present in the mouth e.g. viral, bacterial, fungal.
- Explain the relevance of spending more time to chew our food.
- CHECKPOINT 2: The stomach
- NIS would assess:
- Nerve supply to the stomach.
- All enteric functions and the control of emotional anxiety and its effects on the stomach.
- The neurological control of the valves of digestion; this function allows appropriate time sequencing of the digestive processes that are essential to completing the digestive process. Reflux, constipation, and irritable bowel syndrome are synonymous with gut dysfunction.
- Any pathology that might be present in the stomach.
- CHECKPOINT 3: Duodenum and small intestine
- NIS would assess:
- Function of the liver, gallbladder, duodenum, & ileum.
- Any pathology affecting any of the glands mentioned.
- The nerve supply relating to these glands.
- The various emotional triggers that can influence and inhibit the function of these glands. While the functions described should run automatically under the control of the brain there are many variables that overload and impede the signaling process. It is this process that the strength of NIS will enable the various functions to normalize to resolve the symptom pattern called allergies.
- Diet Modification – Modifying the diet for a short period can help speed up the healing process by giving the liver some reprieve so it can efficiently carry out the eliminative function. Sweets, dairy products, and cold foods all tend to increase mucus buildup, putting ice cream and yogurt at the top of the list of foods to avoid during allergy season. When excessive mucus accumulates in the system, allergens stimulate a much stronger allergic reaction. Soups, salads (in warm weather), vegetables, and non-sticky grains are all easy for the body to digest. When digestion is efficient, there is less of a tendency for mucus to build up.
- Supplementation Using BioResonant Analysis of Health-to determine the most efficient and results-oriented targeted nutrient support- these include homeopathic remedies, herbs or nutrients.
- Allergy Clearing Technique – a simple 7 step protocol to help eliminate or reduce food sensitivities.
During the springtime, when the Wood Phase is dominant, we can also think about the energetic aspect of our lives as the upsurge of new life from Mother Earth emerges to the surface after the hibernation and quiescence of winter’s slumber.
The Wood Phase corresponds to the Liver and Gallbladder and this is a prime time to detoxify and cleanse, especially after the indulgences of the Holidays.
When the Liver is stagnant and toxic, a person often feels emotionally stuck, frustrated, angry and resentful, sometimes without even knowing why. Perspective vision and creativity are blocked.
It has been said that you can never solve a problem with the same consciousness that initially created it.
The Wood phase allows for one’s capacity of perspective vision to be implemented through creative expression in order to carry the vibrant current of Life. Clarification of the Wood phase can occur through nutritional detoxification and supplementation, acupuncture, dietary modifications, exercise, and ozone steam sauna or ionic footbath therapy. As that is undertaken, our thoughts and feelings are clarified and we fell calmer and more peaceful. Our inner terrain is balanced and blockages are removed, providing a clear pathway for the seeds that have been sown to begin to sprout and flourish.
Suggestions for living in harmony with the spring season
- Stretch your muscles – Start your day with a walk through the park and enjoy the natural world bursting forth all around you. Appreciate your physical strength and flexibility. Eat sprouts. Plant your flower garden.
- Let the creative impulse move through you - Look for creative ways to solve existing problems. See the big picture. Don’t get trapped into perceiving people and events in all the same old ways. Be willing to let something brand new form up in your experience with others. By changing your orientation, the situation will naturally take a different course, and the magic of life can unfold in totally new and fulfilling ways!
- Use the time well to plan and let the yearly creative cycle germinate - The cycle is still in a gestational phase, so remember to be specific and deliberate with the seeds you plant, especially as relating to thought, word and deed. What is sown this spring will continue to grow and flourish throughout the rest of the yearly cycle.
Please allow me to share with you a new and incredibly effective therapy I have incorporated into my acupuncture and naturopathic work. It is called Neurolink/NIS (Neurological Integration System).
What is Neurolink/NIS?
Developed by Dr. Allan Phillips, DO, from New Zealand, this approach to chronic disease and pain relief derives from his work in Neuro-Anatomy and Physiology by incorporating the most current brain research using medical and energetic models.
Neurolink is a comprehensive system of healthcare, which uses the premier diagnostic tool available…your brain! Neurolink activates the brain’s ability to orchestrate every system in the human body and re-calibrate those systems. The NIS session is painless, gentle, and non-manipulative and takes about 45-60 minutes to complete. Each Neurolink session checks for and integrates 30+ different systems and is safe for babies, children, adults and seniors.
How does Neurolink/NIS Work?
When we experience stress to our system - physical, pathological, chemical or emotional - we experience pain or other symptoms of dis-ease. This occurs when the body’s tolerances have been exceeded due to an interference field; i.e., toxins, pathogens, environmental pollutants, or any type of physical, mental or emotional stressor. The communication network in your brain and nervous system becomes overwhelmed and overloaded. The problem or illness arises because the link between the brain and body via the nervous system has been impaired. The brain no longer “has awareness of” or ability to efficiently regulate the function of the bodily system. (Think about how poorly a computer runs when it’s full of viruses and other malicious software)
Neurolink practitioners investigate the status of all your body’s function (cells, glands, organs and tissues) as they work together in communication with your brain and nervous system.
The practitioner uses a series of sequential and prioritized steps with Kinesiology testing to determine if CONGRUENCY exists between the brain and all cells, glands, organs, and tissues. No CONGRUENCY=CONFUSION - which results in dysfunction and symptoms.
Like repairing an electrical circuit, the Neurolink process allows broken connections to be reconnected utilizing a simple and effective re-integration technique.
What Does Neurolink/NIS Treat?
Effective in treating acute pain and chronic illness, Neurolink/NIS addresses health at the cellular level. It helps the system both eliminate and adapt to stressors in our internal and external terrain.
I have found this work to be highly beneficial for the following symptoms and syndromes:
Allergies - Asthma - Back & Neck Pain - Children’s Health - Circulation - Chronic Fatigue – Depression - Digestion - Fibromyalgia - Learning & Behavioral Difficulties/ADD/ADHD/Asperger’s - Men’s Health - Migraine & Headaches - Neurological Injury - Skin Problems - Sleep Disorders - Sports Injuries – Viruses - Immunity – Women’s Health
I am excited and passionate about bringing this work into the public awareness, and would like you to come and experience Neurolink/NIS for yourself. For more info, go to www.neurolinkglobal.com
Please call me at 828.232.4488 to set up a time to get together, or with any questions you might have.
Ciel Walko, L. Ac (NC #61), Dipl. Ac (NCCAOM), CTN (Certified Traditional Naturopath) LMT (NM #543)